Fred & Carolyn Martin
Thursday, December 1 at 10:00 am
FRED & CAROLYN MARTIN
Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
Auction to be held at the American Legion Hall, Highway 61 west of Mendon, IL.
TRACT 1 -107.57 acres @ $4,600.00
TRACT 2- 83.49 acres @ $4,700.00
TRACT 3 - 4.11 acres w/ House $138,000.00
Directions from Quincy, IL
Take either IL 336 or IL 96 north.
From IL 336 and Road N2800 Ave (Lima-Loraine Blacktop), go 3 miles west and 1/2 mile north, then 1 mile north on gravel road.
From IL 96 and Road N2800 Ave (Lima-Loraine Blacktop), go 2 miles east, 1/2 mile north and 3.5 miles east, then 1 mile north on gravel road.
Address of Martin Home
2979 E 1250th St, Loraine, Illinois
Location & General Information
The Martin Real Estate will be sold in three tracts. They will be sold individually and will not be combined.
TRACT 1 - 107.57 surveyed acres with approximately 75 acres tillable and the balance being mainly timber with a pond and a few acres of grass hay. There are no building improvements on this tract. Roads on the east and south sides.
TRACT 2 - 83.49 surveyed acres with approximately 51 acres tillable and the balance being timber, a few acres of grass hay and a pond. This tract has a 6,000-bu grain bin with dryer, stirator, a 2-year-old unloading system and stairs. Roads on the west and north sides.
TRACT 3 - 4.11 surveyed acres. This tract is improved with the following:
- Single-story, 1600 sq. ft. home with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, living, dining and family rooms, sun room/porch and 1200 sq. ft. basement. It has electric heat, central air, ceiling fans in every room, like-new Rheem 50-gal electric water heater, wood-burning fireplace in the family room and an all-door alarm system.
- Included with this home will be all like-new appliances; 28 cu. ft. LG stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator with water and ice in the door and bottom freezer; GE flat-top 30" electric range; GE SpaceMaker built-in microwave; GE Profile dishwasher; GE washer and electric dyer. The property is serviced by ABS Rural Water.
- A 3-car 36' x 48' garage is connected to the house by a covered walk-way. This like-new building has 3 overhead garage doors with openers, a walk-through door and is all insulated. A wall separates a 24' x 36' shop with a small overhead door for mowers and ATVs and a walk-through door. It is insulated as well and has a LP gas furnace. This is a very nice building.
Both the house and garage have tan vinyl siding and green metal hip roofs.
- Morton 42' x 60' machine shed built in 2002 with double sliding doors (30' x 15' opening) and a walk-through door. This shed, like the home, is tan with a green roof and wainscot.
- 54' x 60' pole and metal barn open to the south. Older but very usable.
This is truly the type of “Country Home” that’s almost impossible to find for sale. The list of amenities on this property goes on and on. Be sure to attend one of the open houses on Sunday, October 23rd or Sunday, November 6th from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or contact the Auction Co. for a personal showing.
Method & Terms of Sale
The Martin Real Estate will be sold in three tracts and is being surveyed which will determine the exact acres of each tract. Tracts 1 and 2 will be sold on a price per acre basis with Tract 3 being sold for a total dollar amount. Each tract will be sold separately and will not be combined. Ten percent of the bid price to be paid on the day of sale with the balance due on or before Monday, January 2, 2017. Title Insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the Sellers. The 2016 real estate taxes which are due and payable in 2017 will be paid by the Sellers with the 2017 and all subsequent taxes being the responsibility of the Buyers. Full possession of all three tracts will be given at time of closing. Tracts 1 and 2 sell free of any farm or hunting leases. Immediately following the auction the successful Buyers shall enter into a written purchase agreement with the Sellers. A copy of said contract may be inspected prior to auction by contacting Sellers’ Attorney, Hubert Staff, 217-228-8470. All announcements made at the auction shall supersede any prior advertising.
FRED & CAROLYN MARTIN
Hubert G. Staff, Attorney for Seller
Staff & Staff • 237 North 6th Street, Suite 200, Quincy, IL 62301 • (217) 228-8470